Saturday, December 26, 2009

My First Post

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by and reading my humble blog about my Mechanical Pencil Collection. I started collecting about 3 years ago and then stopped. I only picked up on it again this year around September. Before this, I was already collecting all sorts of pens and mechanical pencils from college. Not a whole lot on a student allowance back in 87' but it planted the seeds of someday starting my own collection. Back in college I used a blue Staedtler Micro in .5mm. I still have it back home in the Philippines but I've decided I'll move on to that collection later. Right now my interest lies only in black mechanical pencils with .5mm lead with metal clips. There are some exceptions to this however and that is if the pencil only came in another color than black (as far as I know and an example of this is the Berol Rapidesign and Koh-I-Noor Mephisto. For Christmas, I got a Pen Box Display Case. I placed some my pencils there for now but I still have some more that I'll box later.



From left to right - Pentel P205, Zebra Z905, OfficeMax Brand .5, Staedtler 925, Staedtler Integrity 9505, Rotring Tikky and Tikky II, Koh-I-Noor Hardtmuth Mephisto Profi, Alvin DraftLine XA05, Berol Eagle II TL-5, Alvin Draft-Tec Retrac, Alvin Draft/Matic DM05, Pentel GraphGear 500, Berol RapiDesign and the Papermate Pro Touch II.

1 comment: